1. DO NOT reveal your Card information or your PIN
- Do not lend or share your card information with anyone else.
- Do not disclose any information, if you receive bogus calls claiming to be from Shinhan that encourage you to disclose personal or account information.
- Change your PIN regularly for precaution.
- Do not keep your credit card together with your PIN.
- When selecting your PIN, avoid picking a number that is easy to guess (date of birth, phone...)
2. CAREFULLY preserve and regularly check your Card to against loss and theft
- Make sure you sign your Shinhan Visa Credit card, and always keep it safe.
- Keep your card within your sight and don't allow merchants to take your card away for an extended period of time.
- Make sure your card is returned to you promptly after a transaction
- Immediately call 1900 1577, if you don't recognize or have questions about any transactions on your credit card statement
3. DO NOT respond to suspicious emails
- Delete any suspicious emails, including ones which you do not recognize the sender.
- Shinhan will never send you an email asking you to disclose personal information, bank details, passwords, PIN, or send a courier to your home to collect your card/ PIN. Please let us know if this happens.
- Be very cautious with strange or spot fraudulent emails
4. Purchasing online with Verified by Visa when purchasing online
- Use a secure web browser.
- Check the website security before making card transaction.
- Do not send credit card details and OTP code any form of unauthorized use
5. If your Card is lost or stolen, please click here for more detail