Dear Valued Customers,
Along with the grown of e-Banking services rapidly, high-tech criminals have more and more sophisticated forms of fraud.
To help you be aware and raise your vigilance, proactively take measures to protect personal assets when performing transactions, especially online transactions and non-cash payments. Shinhan Bank Vietnam Limited (“The Bank”) would like to warn you about some common scams as follows:
1. Methods and tricks of fraud:
• Phone scams:
- Impersonating an officer of a State agency (Police, Prosecutor, Court, etc) to notify you that you have an urgent arrest warrant or summons via calling due to it is related to the case being investigated. After that, the scammer will ask you to transfer all the money in account to the fraudster's account to prove, serve investigation, trial and then returning it.
- Impersonating a postal employee to notify you that you have a winning reward’s parcel/letter announcing. After that, the scammer will ask you to provide personal information (full name, ID number, address, etc) and inform you that you must make a money transfer to receive gifts/parcels.
• Scam via SMS:
- Sending text/multimedia messages containing links to fake websites, in which names and addresses are similar to the Banks’ official website, Financial Institutions, Central Institutions payment time, etc and request to provide information on the fake website. If you access and fill in the information in that link, the scammer will appropriate your information and money in your account.
- Send a text message requesting to change the password of the bank account basing on the link to the fake website and request to send the OTP verification code to the phone number of the scammer.
- Fake messages from Banks, often sent with unknown links not to connect with the official website of the Bank.
2. To protect Customer assets, the Bank has recommendations, as follows:
- Be on HIGH ATTENTION when receiving messages, checking receiving information and be CAUTION when accessing links not existed in messages.
- BE WARNING if accessing non-Bank websites or impersonating the Bank.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you provide CONFIDENTIALITY INFORMATION such as OTP code, card number, CVC/CVV code, username and password of Online Banking via unauthenticated links, messages, chats, calls in any case.
- DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION (ID number, Passport, Household registration, ...) to strangers or online third parties, by phone, including people claiming to be officials of State agencies, employees, bankers, postal workers,…
- Absolutely do NOT access fake links to the Bank's website to avoid loss of account information and property loss.
- SECURE personal information, raise awareness about the important of protecting banking information on social networks.
- Install and regularly update officially licensed operating systems, browsers for computers, phones, and electronic devices used for financial transactions.
- Regularly following banking transaction information and registering for services to control information and ensure online transactions are safe.
- When detecting fraud, beside notifying the Bank, you needs to immediately notify the authorities for timely support.
(*) Within 07 days from the date of receiving the message, you can EXAMINE whether the received message is the real one sent by the Bank by following steps:
- Step 1: Copy the suspected message.
- Step 2: Send the copied message to the telecom providers' number to check:
- Viettel: 9548
- Mobifone: 9241
- Vinaphone: 1551
- Step 3: Check the provider’s response.
Shinhan Bank Vietnam Ltd.