Dear valued customers,
Shinhan Bank Vietnam Limited (“The Bank”) would like to inform you about the most common types of fraud, as well as the recommendations listed below, in order to secure your information and accounts:
|1||Scammers impersonate a bank’s automated switchboard and invite customers to provide personal information and online banking services’ information in order to participate in preferential loan interest packages.|
Scammers impersonate a bank and send messages with links to fraudulent websites in order to steal customers’ information.
For example: A scammer may transfer money to a customer's account. Then he impersonates the bank by calling or sending a message to the customer's phone number and inform that a money transfer has been suspended at the customer’s account. He requests the customer to access to a link ( a fraudulent website) to check the transaction or confirm the information or other online activities.
When the customer clicks on this fraudulent link, he will be asked to provide security information for internet banking services (username, password, account secret number, M-OTP) or service cards (card number, validity date, CVV/CVC-card security code).
|3||Scammers set up fraudulent websites/social networks with a bank’s brand to receive and answer questions about the bank's products and services. By this way, they could collect personal information and transaction history from customers’ account.|
1. There are only two official websites for The Bank:
2. The following is The Bank's information on the documents/stamps:
- Name: NGAN HANG TNHH MOT THANH VIEN SHINHAN VIET NAM
- Business code: M.S.D.N:0309103635
- Name: NGAN HANG TNHH MOT THANH VIEN SHINHAN VIET NAM – BRANCH NAME
- Branch code: M.S.C.N:0309103635
3. Do not click on the links that impersonate the bank's brand.
4. Protect your personal information at all times, and do not share confidential personal information with any individual or organization through unauthorized links, emails, phone calls, messages, and and other channels...
5. Carefully review the information on any documents received from the bank (bank's name, tax code, stamp information and others)
6. Be cautious when receiving information via emails, text messages, phones, or social media messages. Do not open files or access links attached to emails, messages... That contain unknown original information or links to fake websites
7. Install and update copyright operating systems, browsers, applications, and other softwares on computers, smartphones, and electronic devices used for financial transactions on your regular basis
8. Monitor banking transaction information on a regular basis and register automatic message alerting services to control information and ensure safe online transactions
9. Log out as soon as the transaction is completed or when not in use
10. Take the following precautions if you detect fraud or suspect you are being scammed:
- Disable the sol/internet banking service.
- Change the password for sol/internet banking password/atm cards… and others).
- Immediately contact our contact center at 1900 1577.
- Visit branches/transaction offices of shinhan bank during business hours for assistance.
- Notify to appropriate authorities as soon as possible.
We do hope that you will increase your vigilance and strictly protect your financial information to avoid asset loss.
Shinhan bank vietnam Limited